Thursday, November 14, 2013

Goodbye Rooster!


The Rooster we inherited with the new house, died a couple weeks ago. Conner was pretty upset about this for about 10 minutes. He never asked where the Rooster went. He didn't know about burying. The next day, we passed a cemetery, and he asked me what that place was. I had been asked that a hundred times before and always told him that's  where people go to visit friends.
But this time, having just dealt with the Rooster's death, I decided to tell him.

 I said "that is where we burry people when they die."
Conner said "Is Rooster and Charlie (Guinea Pig) there?"
I said "NO." "Your dad buried the rooster in the woods"
Conner - "Can we dig him up and see him?"
Me- "NO!!!!"
 
When we got home....
Conner- "Dad, mom said you buried Rooster in the ground, can we go see him?"
Steve- "I'll show you tomorrow."
Conner - "Well, how did you get Rooster to get in the hole?"
Steve- "What do you mean?"
Conner- "Well, wasn't he scared to get in the hole and get covered up?"
Steve- "He was dead when I put him in there."
Conner- "Did you have to chase him and catch him to get him in the hole?"
Steve- "No, Conner, he was dead."
Conner- "Well, how does he get to heaven if he is dead in a hole?"
 
Tough questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment