Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Where is your Hair?

Monday, at the Doctor, Conner whispered in my ear. He asked me "why Dr. Phillips doesn't have any hair?" I chuckled. Dr. Phillips said "what is going on over there?'
I told Conner to go ahead and ask him because I knew Dr. Phillips would take the question in stride.
So, Conner was too embarrassed. So, I said, "Conner wants to ask you why you don't have any hair."
Dr. Phillips laughed, a lot, and said, 
"Well Conner, that is a good question. You see. I had a patch of hair here and a patch of hair there, and nothing in between. And when I was in high school, I decided I would never fall victim to the "Comb Over" that my dad, grandad, and all my uncles did, so I started shaving my head. "

Conner said "For Real?"
Dr. Phillips said "Yes, Conner, For Real."
Conner said "Every time it starts to grow, you shave it?"
Dr. Phillips said "Yes, everyday."

Poor Dr. Phillips. I guess Conner thought that he asked him a lot of questions, so he could ask some too.

(3.5 yrs old)

No comments:

Post a Comment